ICLS 2010 iPhone Application
Latest Version: 1.1 — Released June 29, 2010.
[UPDATE 6/29/10: Version 1.1 is out. Just go to the App Store and select "Update" to get the latest version. See change list below.]
Our FREE iPhone guide to the 2010 International Conference of the Learning Sciences in Chicago
We developed this app with the help of the conference organizers.
The information in the app is drawn from the same data set that was used to generate the conference program guide.
- Added time-sensitive button (Now/Next) to find what's going on right now.
- Added highlighting for current or upcoming sessions
- Updated to use latest version of conference program information
- Added link to conference errata web page
- Bug fixes
- Complete Program Listing — Lists all sessions and events for the conference. If it's in the printed program, it's here.
- Add Favorites — Click on a star to add a session or paper to your favorites list. You can create your own custom program this way. You can also add multiple favorites per time slot.
- Maps — Sessions and papers have location links that jump to the room's location on the hotel map as well as google maps.
- Abstracts Included — Abstracts for papers, symposia, and posters are included (where available).
- Off-line browsing — Browse the program on the airplane!
- Program search — Search by people, sessions, and papers.
- Social Media Feed — Keep track of tweets, FaceBook updates, and Flickr posts related to the conference.
- Do I need to be connected to the internet to view the program?
- No, the full program is downloaded when you install the application.
- Will the program schedule update automatically when changes occur?
- As of this version, the program schedule is "burned into" the application. So you have the full schedule when you download the application. For a future release, we may either update the schedule via a regular app update, or add the ability to push updates to your phone whenever you are connected to the internet.
- Tap on a star to add the paper/session to your favorites.
- Tap on any room name to jump to a hotel map showing you where that room is.
- Zoom in and out of the map by pinching the map view.
- All blue text in the app is tappable.
- If you "drill down" in the Program view, just tap the Program tab to instantly get back to the top level.
If you would like to request a data correction, please email Josh Radinsky with your corrections.